“For hundreds of years, the Japanese have eaten miso as a health food. I remember a miso maker telling me that, when he first heard of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986 and the Fukushima nuclear disaster in 2011 he sent large pallets of miso immediately to help. There is a strongly held belief in Japan that miso has an almost magical ability to cure and soothe the body, as well as prevent any serious ills, if eaten regularly; it’s an ancient super food with a lovely mythical quality.”
The famously long lives of the Japanese have always been linked to their traditional diet, full of soy, fish, miso and other fermented foods. And an appreciation of the link between miso and health has begun to spread outside Japan.
Here are just some of the reasons why eating miso regularly could be good for us:
Fermentation. Miso contains live good bacteria, fantastic for the maintenance of a healthy gut.
Quality protein. Most miso contains about twelve per cent protein.
Essential vitamins. Miso is packed with vitamins E, B12 and K, as well as many minerals.
Low fat, low calorie. Eating miso regularly can help to maintain a healthy weight, because it helps to detox the body and the protein keeps you full for longer.
Digestion. In Japan, miso soup is often served at the end of the meal, especially in traditional Kaiseki meals, to help digest rich foods.
Health remedy. Miso also has a reputation of being a fantastic hangover cure and was included in medical handbook dating back to the 4th century AD of the famous Chinese doctor, Ge Hong, as a way to stop the common cold.
Our Meal Kits are perfect for tasty, easy mealtimes. A true cupboard life saver – simply complete with your favourite fresh ingredients!
Our range includes ramen noodle and udon noodle kits, all featuring our signature miso paste as a base. Each come with tasty toppings for the most authentic experience and a professional finish.
Miso Tasty’s Meal Kits are:
- Made from all natural ingredients, free from MSG and additives
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans (see pack)
- Quick & Easy Japanese meal in under 10 minutes, using ingredients you already have at home!
- Each Meal Kit contains 2 separate portions, so you can enjoy as a meal for two or on 2 separate occasions.
Our range of miso pastes have become the secret ingredient for the creative cook; a trusty, deeply-flavoured product to have on stand-by to enhance your everyday cooking.
Organic, unpasteurised and made in Japan; our miso pastes deliver the full nutritional and flavour benefits of traditional miso.
- 100% natural, GM-free soy and no additives.
- Protein-rich, made primarily from soy beans.
- Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
- Naturally fermented and full of gut health benefits for between 6 and 12 months.
Miso Tasty’s signature range of miso soups are where the adventures of Miso Tasty all began! Bonnie and her team spent over 3 years developing the recipes and technology required to deliver the best-tasting, most authentic miso soups on the market.
Our range of miso soups are made from a rich miso paste (not powder) in Japan and are truly unique: Each miso soup is made from a different variety of miso and come with an additional, separate pack of garnishes for extra flavour and nutrition. Our unique format delivers a fresher, more authentic taste, that is unrivalled.
- Quick & easy to make – just add hot water – ready in under 2 minutes!
- 100% natural, GMO-free soy, MSG-free, no additives
- Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
- Gluten-free (White Miso Soup Kit and Red Miso Soup Kit only)
- Naturally fermented – great benefits for gut health