We love eating with the seasons, and using miso soup as a base allows us to do this really easily.
During these chilly, autumn months, we can’t get enough root vegetables in our diets: their deep colours and earthy taste seem to capture the season perfectly. Served in some miso soup, the flavours become stronger, richer, and all the more satisfying.
Chopping up a mixture of vegetables, roasting them gently in the oven until cooked through, and then dropping them in some miso soup makes a hearty, comforting autumn soup that nourishes the body and the soul. A favourite little Miso Tasty team addition for those non-vegetarians among you is serving a little bit of roast pork on top of this soup, making this the ultimate comfort food.
1 x White Miso Soup
1 x carrot
1 x parsnip
1 x sweet potato
1 x leek
2 kale leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC
2. Chop up the carrot, parsnip and sweet potato into bite size pieces
3. Toss with olive oil and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until soft
4. Make up the miso soup as per packet instructions
5. Shred the kale leaves and finely chop the leek
6. Drop everything into the miso soup