Are you cooking more sweet treats whilst being in lockdown? Because the team at Miso Tasty definitely are!! These cookies will all be gone before you know it… uh oh. They are perfect for sharing with the whole family or with your friends or to keep for yourself as a sweet treat in between those work from home hours! Try our miso butter chocolate chip cookie recipe below… it is so simple to make and super tasty!
- 115g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp white miso paste, loosened with 2 tsp of water
- 100g plain white flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g chocolate chips or chocolate chopped into chunks
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a pan, brown the butter until it foams, turn off the heat and whisk in the white miso paste until smooth. Then cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, and baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugars with the melted miso butter. Add the egg to it and the vanilla and combine.
- Gently fold the wet and dry mixture together until smooth, then throw in the choc chips. Add nuts if you wish!
- Take a large sheet of cling film and lay it on the table. Create a log of the cookie dough, making a cylinder shape, and then wrap it up and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The log will firm up.
- When ready to bake, pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius fan (190 degree Celsius non fan oven), and slice into 1cm thick slabs of cookie dough and lay out on the baking sheets with enough space in between as the dough will expand as it cooks. Bake for 8-9 minutes. They will stay soft when you take them out and will firm up once cooled.
- The cookies will keep in an air tight container for up to 5 days.