2) What do you always have in your pantry for knocking up a quick meal?
3) Do you have a favourite secret ingredient or cooking tip that you could share with us?
All of these vital ingredients are fermented with Koji and it is this that gives them their distinctive depth of flavour, a.k.a. umami.
I keep a mixture of koji and soy sauce, “Shoyu koji” which I use for everyday cooking. The blend is my own secret Umami sauce.
“…There are many different types (of miso) and occasions when you’d use one instead of the other. I love to make a simple, classic miso soup and also I use it for ramen broth…. “
4) Do you use miso in your cooking? If so, how do you use it?
5) Has your cooking changed during lockdown? What are you making that’s different?
6) What dish do you make the most at home?
7) Which restaurant do you miss the most?
Find out more about Yuki Gomi on her website at www.yukiskitchen.com and be sure to check out her fantastic range of Japanese gifts and kitchenware on her online shop. Follow this link for Yuki’s Kitchen Classes and here for Yuki’s Kitchen Online Classes. Keep up to date with Yuki on her Instagram @yukiskitchen.