If you are lucky enough to live near a good fishmongers, where sushi grade salmon is available, this quick but luxurious cheat’s dinner must be tried. Simply add chopped sushi grade salmon, with other crunchy veg like radish, cucumber and edamame beans, to a bowl of cooked and cooled short-grain rice. Dress with our simple miso lemony sauce and add extra crunch like sesame seeds or crushed cashew nuts. Poke bowls is all about a variety of textures for the topping and a great tasty dressing; beyond that, get creative! Grab herbs and other veggies that you love and make it a little different every time.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200-300g cooked sushi/ Japanese short-grain rice. Jasmine rice also works.
- 4-5 Raw Salmon pieces, sliced and rolled.
- 3-5 Slices of cucumber and colourful veg
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 70g Miso Tasty White miso paste
- 10g white caster sugar
- Juice of half lemon
- 10ml mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- Olive oil to thin it down
- Cook the rice and cool to room temp
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Decorate the rice bowl with fish and veg, then finish with the dressing and sesame.