If Miso Tasty did Sunday Lunches….. this is what we would make! A super simple way to perk up your roast chicken with an oomph of rich flavour from an addictive zingy marinade of miso and lemon. Serve with all the trimmings. The gravy made from the juices of this chicken benefits from the miso too; adding instant depth and balance, to complete your dazzling centrepiece.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 whole chicken
- Zest of one lemon and Juice of half a lemon (depends on size, to taste)
- 150g of Miso Tasty white miso paste
- 2 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped parsley.
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil
- Rub the chicken skin all over with sea salt and olive oil and roast for half its cooking time, at 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the miso paste with sugar lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and mix until smooth, then add the parsley
- Add the squeezed lemons to the roasting pan, to surround the chicken.
- Brush the miso sauce onto the chicken all over and then turn down the oven to 160 degrees and then roast until cooked through. The skin should be dark, crispy and slightly charred.
- Serve with all the usual trimmings.