It is easy to get stuck in a rut with salmon fillets – how to make them taste different on a quick weeknight dinner or working-from-home lunch? This super easy miso marinade is quick to put together and brings out the sweet natural flavours of the salmon. The tanginess of miso is a great match for all oily fish, and the ginger brings further balance to the marinade.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 100g Miso Tasty white miso
- 1 large tablespoon of runny honey
- 2 teaspoon of mirin
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Half a teaspoon of grated ginger
- Finely chopped spring onions for garnishes
- In a small bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients
- Brush onto salmon fillets, covering it evenly, including the skin-side, if using.
- Roast for 15 minutes with the last 2 minutes under the grill.
- Serve with a side of steamed rice and green vegetables like pak choi or green beans.