Miso cod is a popular dish made famous by Nobu – here’s our easy version you can make at home, a quick and delicious week night meal!
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
-200g white miso
-1 tbsp finely grated unwaxed lemon zest
-4 tbsp sake
-4 tbsp mirin
-3 tbsp caster sugar
-4 cod loins
1. In a small bowl, combine soy, miso and zest and mix until smooth
2. In a small sauce pan, heat sake and miring over high heat for 30 seconds to evaporate alcohol. Reduce heat and whisk in miso until smooth.
3. Increase heat again and add sugar, be careful it doesn’t burn. Leave to cool to room temperature.
4. Put fish in a bowl. Smother both sides of loin generously with the miso mixture and cover with cling film. Leave to marinade for at least 3 hours.
5. When ready to cook, pre-heat grill to medium and preheat oven to 170/gas mark 3. Wipe off any excess miso. Grill for 3 minutes until you see bubbles and a little charring.
6. Transfer to oven to bake for 7-10 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
ENJOY! We love this with steamed jasmine rice and greens! Simple but so delicious!