As the mornings get colder and darker this miso coconut spread is just the thing to motivate you to get out of bed! This umami-rich breakfast treat is both sweet and salty – we can guarantee you’ll be addicted to it in no time. This spread keeps well in the fridge so you can dip into it frequently such as for breakfast on toast.
If you can’t get enough of this delicious spread it also goes great with raw vegetables and crackers as a snack or can even be melted as a sauce for desserts.
Miso Coconut Breakfast Spread
- 200g Miso Tasty white miso paste
- 150g coconut butter
- 2 tsp honey
- Weigh out the miso paste and coconut butter
- Mix them in a large bowl with a wooden spoon – it will take 5 minutes to beat the mixture until it is smooth
- Finally add the honey to taste
- Wrap securely in a log shape using cling film and refrigerate for a least an hour to firm up.
- Smear in a thin layer over toasted sourdough bread