A fusion of 2 wonderful culinary masterpieces: The Miso Aubergine classic doubles up in umami and satisfaction by being enveloped in the comfort of tomatoey spaghetti. This is a dish I make often weekly for a ravenous dinner. The magical dual partnerships of miso and aubergine, and miso and tomato sing together in an unexpected but deeply enjoyable way; you will wolf this down in no time and will make weeknight spaghetti meals that bit more special.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp Miso Tasty red miso paste
- 300ml passata
- olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- Spring of parsley
- Cook spaghetti in salted water and drain
- Chop aubergine into 1inch cubes, and the garlic cloves finely.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp oil, miso and together until smooth.
- In a hot pan, sauté the aubergine and garlic together with 3 tbsp of olive oil until the aubergine is softened and garlic is golden.
- Next add the miso and olive oil mix to the aubergine pieces and fry for a further 3-5 minutes. Be careful that the garlic does not burn, the miso will be hugging the aubergine pieces around the pan.
- Then add 300ml of passata. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the spaghetti into the pan bit by bit, you want a high sauce to spaghetti ratio for the most satisfying meal.