Want a speedy katsu curry, but don’t have much time? Katsu cod is quicker than cooking chicken or tofu, and is one of our favourite ways to enjoy our katsu curry kits at home. If you have a soft spot (as we do) for fish fingers or even a Maccy D’s Filet-O-Fish (gasp!), we can can guarantee that you will love the Katsu Curry Cod!
2 fillets of Cod or haddock, or alternative white fish.
1 egg, whisked.
Rice or salad to serve
1. Simply cook rice or prepare the salad to go with your katsu curry first as the rest of the dish comes together very quickly.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl, and whisk thoroughly, before coating all sides of the fish fillet with it.
3. Next, pour out the panko breadcrumbs onto a tray and then press the egg-coated fish onto the bread crumbs on all side until the fish is totally coated.
4. On the stove get 1 frying pan and 1 small saucepan out. In the frying pan, heat up 3 tablespoons of vegetable or sunflower oil for a few minutes before frying each side of the fish, flipping after 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the breadcrumbs by keeping the heat on low to cook through the fish fillet. Once cooked, lay the fish onto paper towels to absorb any excess oils.
5. In the small saucepan, heat up the Miso Tasty Katsu sauce according to packet instructions and leave it on low heat whilst you sere up the fish with rice or salad, before pouring over the Katsu Curry Sauce.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.