Vegan skewers needn’t be boring! These BBQ-ready umami powered tofu pieces add flavour and colour to any feast and their dainty sesame-pressed bite-sized pieces hits some seriously golden crunchy notes. The main flavours are miso and lemon, so serve up with a crunchy citrusy light salad to keep this dish singing. If the weather isn’t up to scratch, then these also cook very easily in the oven or on a frying or griddle pan.
- Wooden Skewers
- 300g Firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 100g Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F/ Gas mark 6
- Submerge your skewers in water and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubed pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the miso paste, lemon juice and water into a thick sauce.
- Coat all sides of the tofu in the sauce and then dip them into the sesame seeds to cover all sides.
- Make your skewers! Arrange the tofu cubes on the skewers then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden all over.
- Carefully remove from the oven and place on a serving plate. Drizzle any excess miso sauce over the tofu skewers.
- Serve with salad.