1) Tell us what you do at School of Wok/ Curious Crab!
Curious Crab Productions is a spin off video production business that we have just recently launched, where our team have first-hand experience in using video to bring our food brand alive. We now offer these services to other food and travel companies who are looking for specialist video content to support their brand stories.
2) What do you always have in your pantry for knocking up a quick meal?
Different types of soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, chilli pastes, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, mirin, dried shiitake mushrooms and of course miso – but I tend to keep that in the fridge!
“…I wanted to add a natural base of savoury flavour to my bolognese, so
I added a couple of tablespoons of miso in whilst I was searing the mince.
My three year old loved it…”
3) Do you have a favourite secret ingredient?
4) Do you use miso in your cooking? If so, how do you use it?
5) Has your cooking changed during lockdown? What are you making that’s different?
6) Tell us something you recently made and how you made it.
HAND MADE FLAT EGG “WONTON” NOODLES
200g plain flour / strong bread flour
½ tsp salt
1 egg (around 45-50g)
70-75ml cold water
1 tsp oil
7-8 tbsp cornflour (for dusting the surface & dough when rolling the noodle dough out) Knead well, rest for an hour and then roll out as thin as possible and make whatever shapes you want!
Find out more about Chef Jeremy Pang and School of Wok on his website at www.schoolofwork.com and be sure to check out their excellent range of cooking equipment, cookbooks and selection of cooking classes. Keep up to date with School of Wok on their Instagram @schoolofwok.